If you’d like to join our successful team, please get in touch to register your interest
Sigma Recruitment Privacy Notice
• Sigma Group Limited, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Sigma”, “us” or “we”), understand that your privacy is important to you. Sigma subsidiaries and affiliates may process your personal data in their capacity as data controllers. We are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data, which is any information that is capable of identifying you as an individual person. This Recruitment Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes how we handle and protect your personal data in connection with Sigma’s recruiting processes and programs.
• This Privacy Notice only applies to the personal data of job applicants, potential candidates for employment. It does not apply to our employees, contractors or clients, or other personal data that Sigma collects for other purposes.
• As used in this Privacy Notice, “personal data” means information that identifies job applicants and potential candidates for employment with us, either submitted as part of the online application and/or through alternative channels (e.g. via professional recruiting firms).
• We will process your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice, unless such processing conflicts with the requirements of applicable law, in which case, applicable law will prevail.
By submitting your personal data to us, you acknowledge that:
• You have read and understood this Privacy Notice and agree to the use of your personal data as set out herein.
• You are not required to provide any requested information to us but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your application for the job for which you have applied.
• All of your representations are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related information of an adverse nature. Providing any inaccurate information may make you ineligible for employment.
• This Privacy Notice does not form part of any contract of employment offered to candidates hired by Sigma Retail Solutions.
• Sigma believes strongly in protecting the privacy of the personal data you provide to us. We also believe it is important to inform you about how we will use your personal data. This document explains how Sigma may process your personal data and the rights you have in this respect. Therefore, we encourage you to read this Privacy Notice carefully.
Scope of this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice applies to all personal data of job applicants processed by Sigma its subsidiaries and affiliates in connection with our recruitment process.
About our recruitment process
You may apply for a position within Sigma anywhere in via our online recruitment application system. By means of this recruitment application system you may create a profile and apply for a specific vacancy. Via the use of this application and submission of related information, you may provide personal data to Sigma in connection with the recruiting process. Sigma and our service providers may process personal data for recruitment purposes including organising selection procedures and manage applications.
Consent to our processing of your data:
We may process your personal data on the basis that you have consented to us doing so for a specific purpose, for example, if you apply for a specific role you may have consented to our processing of the data that has been provided for the purpose of progressing your application and considering your suitability for that role. You may withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information for a particular purpose at any stage. However, please note that we may continue to retain, or otherwise use your personal information thereafter where we have a legitimate interest or a legal or contractual obligation to do so. Our processing in that respect will be limited to what is necessary in furtherance of those interests or obligations.
Type of data we collect
When you interact with Sigma in connection with the recruitment process, we will usually collect personal data about you, including but not limited to:
• Personal data allowing identification of the candidate your name, address and contact information e.g. email address, telephone number.
• Personal data allowing the verification of the eligibility and selection criteria as laid down in the vacancy advertisement: educational history and training (diploma awarded), professional experience, work history (job title, length, company name, company type, main tasks and responsibilities) achievements, job related skills, competencies and areas of interest.
• We also may collect personal data about you from third parties, such as professional recruiting firms, your references, prior employers, Sigma Management with whom you have interviewed, and employment background check providers, to the extent this is permitted by applicable law.
Sensitive Personal Data:
The definition under the GDPR: data consisting of racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation. We do not seek to obtain and will not collect such data about a candidate unless permitted to do so by applicable laws (e.g. equal opportunity monitoring).
Cookies and IP address
During the course of your use of the Sigma sites, we may utilise cookies, as well as collect information about your computer, such as your IP Address, your operating system and browser. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device, let you navigate between pages efficiently, remember your preferences, and generally improving the user experience.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you prefer, you may change your browser settings to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. For further information on cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them using different type of browsers, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on Sigma web sites you may not be able to take full advantage of the site.
Your personal data may be processed and stored by Sigma trusted third party partners involved in providing and facilitating the recruitment process, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfilment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services. Any other disclosures to third parties will only be made when required by law.
Sigma requires these third parties to provide a comparable level of protection to your personal data as Sigma provides, to keep your personal data confidential, to only process your personal data for the purposes for which it was disclosed and to only access the minimum amount of data they need to deliver specific services related to the recruitment process.
Sigma will take reasonable steps to ensure that we retain your personal data only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as required under any contract or by applicable law. Typically, your personal data will be retained for a period of 6 – 12 months, after which time it will be appropriately disposed of.
Sigma recognises its responsibility to protect the information you entrust to us. Sigma maintains, and requires its third-party partners to maintain, technical and organisational measures to protect your data.
Once you have provided us with your personal data, you will be able to access this information. If you would like to exercise your rights, such as to access, review, correct, update or erase personal data, please contact us at the following address:
Data Protection Officer
Sigma Retail Solutions
Unit 9B, Alpine Court,
Blue Ridge Park,
For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before responding to your request.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may change from time to time. The most current version of the Privacy Notice will always appear on our recruitment application system. The most recent version shall supersede any and all other versions of this Privacy Notice. Sigma reserves the right to change or modify this Privacy Notice at any time and at its sole discretion by posting revisions. Therefore, we encourage you to check back often to learn about those changes.